About the Ontario Mutual Insurance Association (OMIA)
An organization built on collaboration
OMIA is a trade association with a rich history dating back more than 125 years.
The Ontario Mutual Insurance Association has a membership primarily comprised of purely mutual insurance companies that provide home, auto, business and farm insurance.
Voting members are located throughout Ontario although member services are extended to mutual insurance companies across Canada.
Read more about us.
To enable our member companies to achieve and maintain a high level of excellence by providing leadership through education, training, and support services.
About the Mutuals
Learn more about the Mutuals Difference
The Ontario Mutuals are:
- a network of more than 40 independent insurance companies who make up one of the strongest financial networks in the world
- people-centered, not profit-centered because there are no investors who expect a profit. Every policyholder is a member with a say
- focused on your needs - because every company's directors are also policyholders...elected by policyholders like you
- specialists in auto, home, farm, and commercial insurance
Mutuals are the best of both worlds
- rooted in the community
- helpful, friendly service from people who live and work near you
- together Ontario's 40 Mutual insurance companies are one of the strongest financial networks in the world